Greg Miller (b. 1967, Nashville, Tennessee) is an American fine art photographer and Guggenheim Fellow. He began his career photographing for newspapers and magazines in New York thriving off the energy of the deadline. Dedicated to working with an 8×10 view camera, he has produced several bodies of personal work over the last 20 years including Nashville, Unto Dust, County Fair and, most recently, Morning Bus, photographs of local Connecticut school children waiting for the morning bus. Miller uses the large format camera, the serendipity of street photography and chance meetings with strangers to build insightful narrative photographs.
Miller’s work has been exhibited in several solo shows in Los Angeles, Barcelona and the Cheekwood Museum in Nashville, TN as well as group exhibits in New York City, including Yossi Milo, James Danziger and Sasha Wolf Galleries. His work has appeared regularly in advertising and magazines including TIME, Esquire, Fast Company, LIFE and many other publications.
Since 1999, Miller has been a faculty member at the International Center of Photography in New York. He conducts several workshops annually at Maine Media Workshops, Los Angeles Center of Photography and Project Basho as well as remote tutoring and private workshops. Click here for more information.
For Assignment, Stock and Print Sales:
Greg Miller Photography LLC
P.O. Box 300
Mansfield Center, CT 06250
- Nov 2016: TIME Lightbox | 51 Instagram Photographers to Follow in 2016
- Nov 2016: Graine de Photographe | Photographs of School Children by Greg Miller
- Nov 2016: TIME Lightbox | Photographing the Places Where We Vote
- Nov 2016: British Journal of Photography | Greg Miller’s We The People Charts American Elections since 2004
- Oct 2016: Bryan Gallery, Bowling Green, OH | Face It! (Group Exhibit)
- Jul 2016: The New Yorker's Photo Booth | Soaking Up New York City's Pools and Beaches (Group Exhibit)
- Jun 2016: The Photo Show | Interview with Greg Miller
- Mar 2016: The LPV Show | Interview with Greg Miller and Manjari Sharma
- Jul 2015: Photoshelter Blog | One Photographer's Case for Large Format Film
- Jun 2015: Mull it Over | Interview with Jonathan Cherry
- Aug 2014 : Slate Behold | The Quiet Vulnerability of Children at the Bus Stop
- Jan 2014: TIME Lightbox | Gorgeous, Dreamlike Photos of Snowflakes Shot on an iPhone
- Sep 2013: TIME Lightbox | The Bus Stop Between Two Worlds
- Jul 2013: Sasha Wolf Gallery | The Drinking Show (Group Exhibit)
- Aug 2013: Slate | Capturing the Human Dramas at County Fairs
- Sep 2012: One, One Thousand | Feature on Nashville project
- Aug 2012: Lenscratch | Waiting For... featured on Aline Smithson's blog
- May 2012: TIME Lightbox | Joplin One Year After the Tornado
- Feb 2012: TIME Lightbox Tumblr | Ash Wednesday
- Feb 2012: NPR Picture Show | Excuse Me, You Have Something On Your Forehead.
- Jun 2011: TIME Lightbox | Waiting For...
- Apr 2011: ISO Magazine | Nashville
- Sep 2010: Gallery Tagomago | East Coast-West Coast - Fotografia Americana opens
- Sep 2010: ARTCLIPS East Coast -West Coast
- Sep 2010: GETXOPHOTO | Festival opens Getxo, Spain
- Nov 2010: DEEP SLEEP | Issue 5 The Sea
- Jan 2010: Danziger Gallery | The Year in Pictures (Group Exhibit)
Nov 2008: David Salow Gallery | Nashville (Solo Exhibit)
- Apr 2008: John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship Recipient
Mar 2005: NPR | Photographers Help Foster Children Find Homes by Margot Adler
Aug 2004: Digital Journalist | PEACE STORIES by Peter Howe
- Jun 2004: Yossi Milo Gallery | Pool Party (Group Exhibit)
- Jun 2003: Yossi Milo Gallery | By the Sea (Group Exhibit)