Born in Nashville, Tennessee in 1967, Greg Miller moved to New York when he was 19 to study art and shortly thereafter, began his career photographing for newspapers and magazines. He has produced several bodies of personal work including Nashville, Unto Dust, County Fair and, most recently, Morning Bus. Miller is a John Simon Guggenheim Fellow and his work has been included in several solo shows in Los Angeles, Barcelona and the Cheekwood Museum in Nashville, TN as well as group shows in New York City, including Yossi Milo, James Danziger and Sasha Wolf Galleries. His work has appeared regularly in TIME, Esquire, Fast Company, LIFE and many other publications.
Since 1999, Miller has been a faculty member at the International Center of Photography in New York. He conducts several workshops annually at Maine Media Workshops, Los Angeles Center of Photography and Project Basho as well as remote tutoring and private workshops. Click here for more information.
Contact: Greg Miller
Greg Miller Photography LLC
P.O. Box 300
Mansfield Center, CT 06250
- Jun 2016: The Photo Show | Interview with Greg Miller
- Mar 2016: The LPV Show | Interview with Greg Miller and Manjari Sharma
- Jun 2015: Mull it Over | Interview with Jonathan Cherry
- Feb 2015: ICP School | Greg Miller's Teaching Philosophy
- Aug 2014 : Slate Behold | The Quiet Vulnerability of Children at the Bus Stop
- Jan 2014: TIME Lightbox | Gorgeous, Dreamlike Photos of Snowflakes Shot on an iPhone
- Sep 2013: TIME Lightbox | The Bus Stop Between Two Worlds
- Jul 2013: Sasha Wolf Gallery | The Drinking Show (Group Exhibit)
- Aug 2013: Slate | Capturing the Human Dramas at County Fairs
- Sep 2012: One, One Thousand | Feature on Nashville project
- Aug 2012: Lenscratch | Waiting For... featured on Aline Smithson's blog
- May 2012: TIME Lightbox | Joplin One Year After the Tornado
- Feb 2012: TIME Lightbox Tumblr | Ash Wednesday
- Feb 2012: NPR Picture Show | Excuse Me, You Have Something On Your Forehead.
- Jun 2011: TIME Lightbox | Waiting For...
- Apr 2011: ISO Magazine | Nashville
- Sep 2010: Gallery Tagomago | East Coast-West Coast - Fotografia Americana opens
- Sep 2010: ARTCLIPS East Coast -West Coast
- Sep 2010: GETXOPHOTO | Festival opens Getxo, Spain
- Nov 2010: DEEP SLEEP | Issue 5 The Sea
- Jan 2010: Danziger Gallery | The Year in Pictures (Group Exhibit)
- Apr 2008: John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship Recipient
- Mar 2005: NPR | Photographers Help Foster Children Find Homes by Margot Adler
- Aug 2004: Digital Journalist | PEACE STORIES by Peter Howe
- Jun 2004: Yossi Milo Gallery | Pool Party (Group Exhibit)
- Jun 2003: Yossi Milo Gallery | By the Sea (Group Exhibit)